The ongoing LJ-entry in my head doesn't stop, by the way. I may be terrible at updating, but I've had this long enough that I still think about my life in LJ entries. Doesn't really work when you don't bother to actually sit down and write them out though.
So, anyway... gonna go with bullets.
- Christmas was very interesting this year. My sister is working remotely and my parents decided we would have Christmas over there because she wasn't getting any time off. So we all took off and spent it with her in a hotel. Juan took advantage and rented a 2011 Chevy Camaro for the road trip. It was awesome!
- This was the best Christmas present I have gotten in a long time: an industrial strength snow cone machine! It was on my wishlist and my sister actually got it for me. I couldn't believe it. I am a bit addicted to enjoying ice. I have enjoyed many snow cones since then. :D [Xmas Flickr Set]
- New Year's was also a little different this year. It's always been kaptainsnot's birthday first, New Year's Eve second (her bday is the 31st). But this year she spent it with the sister who is not in town so we were left to figure out what to do. We ended up having dinner with the parents and in-laws and then going down to the waterfront in Long Beach hoping to catch some of the action and fireworks. It was actually pretty mellow, but we did get to enjoy the fireworks which was what we mostly wanted to do. [Flickr set]
- We ended up taking the week between the holidays off like we normally do. We typically stay home and relax, which we did plenty of. But this year we had a very specific goal in mind: get me a car. I've never had my own car and it was about time for me to have one. Long story short: Juan bought me a 2011 Mazda3 Touring with the BOSE/Sunroof package in Liquid Silver. Zoom zoom baby! I've been checking out Mazda3's for a few years now. I mean, just look at that smile! [Mazda Flickr set]
- I love my car so much and I have been so much more productive now that I can drive myself everywhere. I can get home early enough to go grocery shopping and cook at home which is a huge deal for us. Waiting for Juan to pick me up from work meant that we had to pretty much have takeout for dinner almost every night. Not so anymore!
- I don't normally do resolutions, but this year my main one is to organize a monthly get-together with my friends. We've all grown apart these past few years and it seems like it started becoming almost impossible to get us all together with any regularity. So, I organized a board game night and it was a success! We had a ton of fun. My sisters also gave us a bunch of board games for Christmas, so we had plenty to choose from. I highly recommend Scribblish, which is like a cross between Pictionary and Telephone (yeah, that game you used to play as a kid).
- Another post is coming soon with my latest hobby: painting my nails. If you've been keeping an eye on my Flickr stream, you've seen a bunch of the manicures I've worn over the past few months.